Thursday, September 30, 2010

Good Advice


There is one thing I can guarantee. Whether or not you want it or not, you will be receiving advice all the days of your life. When my wife and I got married, I was given a great piece of advice that has stuck with me all these years. "MAKE SURE YOUR WIFE HAS SPENDING MONEY." When I first received the advice it almost sounded like a joke, but it is so true. We all need to have a little spending money that belongs to us and us alone.
That is one thing about My Sister's Budget that is so great. In our family, we create an individual category for each member of our family. I get $50 a month in my category and my wife gets the same. (our kids get $10-15) I chose not to spend all of the $50, so the next month it builds to $100 and so on. I now have $572 in my category and I can buy the TV that I want and no one can deny me because it is my spending money. My wife is doing the same with her money except her goals are a bit larger (a piano).
Take a little advice from me that i received the day I got married...Make sure you and your significant other have some spending money...we all need that kind of freedom!!!

1 comment:

  1. So true.... having your own spending money that your spouse can't argue with how you spend it really can help out a marriage. And it's fun to buy things that can benefit both of you too!

    ReplyDelete